Monday, February 22, 2010

Appaloosa

This past weekend, I watched the movie Appaloosa. The movie is set in 1882 in New Mexico Territory when two men by the names of Virgil Cole and Everett Hitch were hired by the local politicians of Appaloosa to patrol the town as marshal and deputy. At the time, a wealthy new rancher of the area had been causing a great deal of disruption in the town when his gang of thugs killed three of Appaloosa's lawmen and damaged the local commerce.

In the movie, the town of Appaloosa seems further "advanced" than that of Deadwood. One of the biggest differences I noticed was the fact that by 1882 there was a railroad running through the area. The addition of a railroad very clearly changed the economics of the American West and brought with it new means of trade and changes in immigration patterns.

Watching the movie was very interesting. It opened my eyes to yet another portrayal of the historic American West. While the presence of violence, drinking, and whores was still very prominent, the town of Appaloosa did seem to be slightly more controlled than that of the town portrayed in Deadwood. If anyone is interested, it's definitely worth watching!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you like it Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
    His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com‎

    ReplyDelete