Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Jeremiah Johnson

I believe that watching the film Jeremiah Johnson while we were reading Bent's Fort was good. I was able to get a better understanding for the book by watching the film. There was comparisons we made in class that helped get a better visual of what the Bent's and the traders went through. We talked a lot about the interactions between the Indians and Jeremiah Johnson versus the Bent's and the Indians. I agree what was said in class, Jeremiah Johnson had more of a emotional interaction with the Indians, where as the Bent's relationship was strictly political. Without the Indians the Bent's trade would not exist. Johnson was more of an independent 'mountain man'. He kept more to himself, but when there was interaction it was pulling more on the emotions. For example at the end of the film when the Indian and Johnson did a salute and went on their way. I also found it interesting how Jeremiah Johnson considered himself a 'mountain man' where the Bent's were traders. I think that is because Johnson was more on a mission of living on his own in the mountains and the Bent's were all about the fur trading business. I thought the movie overall was okay, it did help draw an image of what the Bent's some what went through.

1 comment:

  1. I has suffered for Human papillomavirus HPV) for 2years, I was given some tablets at the hospital but I refused to take it, They said I have to be on it for life so I don't want take a drugs everyday for life. No point in taking medicine everyday when u won't get cure from it and I was advice to seek for natural herbal cure, after some time I found dr onokun is the most trustful herbalist that have herbs to cure wicked symptom's,I emailed dr onokun, for 2weeks been his patient he cured my (HPV) with his herbal. I only used his natural herbs for two weeks it was 100% cure. I'm not (HPV) patient anymore. I'm happy about it i finally got cured out of this mess been in my body for 2years. I also recommend you if you're living with (HPV) or herpes symptoms i also want you to be free contact dr onokun with the email attach to my post. dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete