Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia

At first, this movie was really not at all what I expected. I was anticipating more horses, cowboys, etc., but the film offers few, if any, of either. It wasn't until after our discussion of the movie that I began to see the motives of the director to bring to light the focus on the "ideal man" in the west and to call attention to the "Code of the West."

I'll admit- this was not my favorite movie. I had a hard time finding any reason to care about the characters until after the scene with Benny and Alfredo's family because I think this was the point when Benny started to care about people other than himself. I also felt like the pace of the film was pretty slow, but perhaps this was intentional to give the viewer time to absorb the director's subtle messages. While it was not my favorite, I think there are some good points made in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment