Friday, April 16, 2010

The Wild Bunch

Although I wasn't a big fan of this movie I thought it had some good parts. I enjoyed how the former member of the Wild Bunch was leading the bounty hunters to track them down. Although completely different themes surrounded both movies, it somewhat resembles the rationale behind Silence Of The Lambs. They used a killer to track a killer in that movie, in The Wild Bunch they used an outlaw to track outlaws. I also think this movie saw some similar themes with the painting of Custer's last stand that we looked at in class. The Wild Bunch may go down at the end, but at least they go down doing something they believe in. It romanticized the violence of gunfights to make them look manly and noble. I have seen better movies, but overall it was not too bad and had some themes relevant to our class.

No comments:

Post a Comment